Washington Goes Purple – DONATE HERE!
Learn more about Washington Goes Purple
Local Addictions Authority: 240-313-3310
Mental Health Authority: 301-739-2490
Washington Goes Purple is a substance abuse awareness campaign to educate our youth and community about the dangers of prescription painkillers. Did you know the CDC estimates that 75-82% of heroin users begin with prescription painkillers? It’s time to start having the “new conversation” in our community- one that includes the dangers of prescription painkillers.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING:
Support for the program includes:
- Media and advertising.
- Printing of marketing materials.
- Campaign gear for the teachers
- Educational materials for students and parents
- Staff support for schools and community
- Staff support for outreach and communications.